OK, so I told you so! Whew, had to get that out of the way right up front. Yes, it felt good to say. So for the past 3 months I’ve been standing up at sales meetings and preaching that the inventory drop we experienced in October last year through the holidays was not showing the normal signs of increase and that we would be seeing this in the news by March/April… Well here we are, the articles are finally being published in the news publications, yet we’ve been living this for 3 months now. And here we are as an office with over 80 sales for March (beating last March), and on our way to 90 new sales for the month! Yes, the market is hot, but our agents are definitely getting a large portion of the business too!
What does all this mean? Well, the bottom line is that “if you list it, it will sell!”… Be reasonable on the price, have professional photos, stage the property if necessary, and use all of the Coldwell Banker marketing and advertising, you will not only sell your listings, but you’ll likely have multiple offers! And if you are a really good negotiator, strategic thinking, and follow the multiple offer strategies, you’ll likely get a higher sales price for your sellers!
As Realtors, we need to get the word out to any sellers who tried to sell and failed in the past year. Share the current market climate and show them how our Coldwell Banker marketing strategies, and massive advertising/exposure, can help them get top dollar or their home right now!
Will this last? Who knows!? But my bet is that it won’t and that inventory will begin to rise and level off over the next few months. While we will still be in a great market, there are amazing opportunities for home sellers right now to have less competition and maximize their sales price!
As always, whether you’re with Coldwell Banker or not, it is my pleasure to share ideas, thoughts, and strategies to help you grow your business so don’t hesitate to reach out for a free coaching meeting! And don’t forget to subscribe above to receive all of my posts instantly as they are written!
As the song goes…or should go, “Hello? Is it leads you’re looking for?”, (yes, admit it, you just sang that in your head). Every Real Estate salesperson relies on LEADS and the ability to acquire them and convert them into clients is what separates the top producers from everyone else. Yet, so many agents say that their biggest problem isn’t converting leads, but rather is finding good leads to convert. In this post, I will share with you all a phenomenal source of seasonally great leads that you can and should focus on in January!
1296 -ONE THOUSAND TWO HUNDRED NINETY SIX, home sellers have allowed their home either intentionally or unintentionally to EXPIRE from the market from October 1st to December 15th (today) in Orange County, with many more over the next few weeks!!! Some may have relisted, some may have decided to no longer sell their home, but MANY have decided to “wait until next year”! Yep, this isn’t something new… It happens every single year and always has. Sellers opt to take a break for the holidays and by the first week of January they are back to “thinking” about trying again and in many cases their motivation is higher than it was before. Ever wonder why listing inventory always dramatically increases in the first and second quarter of the year? IT’S IN LARGE PART BECAUSE THESE SELLERS ARE RETURNING TO THE MARKET who failed to sell before! And with new listing agents too!
So, you have 1296 prospects, and I agree, that could be overwhelming! So, why not just pull up all of the homes that expired in your primary market areas and start there? A solid and aggressive strategy to contact these folks and position yourself as the agent/company they should choose, should be part of your plan starting in January and continuing through second quarter.
To help you, here is the link to my EXPIRED blog post from earlier this year that can help you convert these leads successfully…
Start preparing now! Get your lists together and build your schedule to make this part of your plan for 2016 and you WILL take more listings and get more sales!
As always, I’m here to help and happy to share ideas and collaborate!
Let’s make 2016 great!
P.S. Coldwell Banker agents! Remember, you already have phenomenal pre-built campaigns in our free CRM InTouch program via our NRTGateway!
If you’re not with Coldwell Banker yet, click below to find out why so many of our agents are succeeding at high levels!
Today signifies the beginning of the last quarter of 2015. This is the time to step on the gas to ensure you end the year strong! Important numbers to recognize: Q4 2014 in Orange County there were 5998 properties sold, each of those had a buyer making almost 12,000 opportunities for a pay check! 6726 homes closed escrow delivering almost 13,500 actual pay checks to Realtors in OC! Listing inventory dropped from 7049 to 5190 (almost 30%!) during Q4 opening massive opportunities for those who work expired and cancelled listings and creating a lower inventory market for home sellers looking to capitalize on the opportunity to get more money for their homes and negotiate with SERIOUS buyers! Do you have a plan to make sure you capitalize on all of this opportunity to end 2015 strong and begin 2016 with momentum? While so many Realtors will be slowing down and talking about the market slowing down, YOU know the truth and must stay focused!
As always, I am here to help build and implement your strategic plan and coach you to success! Just call/text 714-782-2723 or email at Brad.Pearson@camoves.com
Click here to read my post on how to win with Expired Listings:
If you’re not already with Coldwell Banker and enjoying all of the coaching, education, and marketing support we offer, then let’s talk! Click below for more information on this phenomenal firm!
Sometimes in our business, it’s the most obvious things that are overlooked as the biggest opportunities for both Realtors and their clients. So many things in our industry are done only because that is what others do, or because what is believed as the right way, when in reality, so much of what is done in real estate now has become the absolute worst and in many cases the laziest ways of doing things. In this post, I plan to address one of the most ridiculous assumptions and most common mistakes Real Estate agents are making and how it could be hurting their clients.
Let’s deal with some reality for a second… MOST buyers are moving from somewhere verses buying as an investment/rental, and the best qualified and most motivated buyers are those that are selling a home to either move up or move down from their current home. Yet, in our industry, the “contingent” buyer is the LAST buyer that many real estate agents would advise their clients to accept an offer from and frankly the term has become almost tabu. The overwhelming common belief is that a “contingent buyer” is the most risky. Even if the buyer/sellers current home is in escrow, many real estate agents will advise their sellers to take the non-contingent buyer even when they are going to pay CASH upon the closing of their home. This is a scenario that has perplexed me for years. I’ve preached a million times about what a ridiculous practice this is. This practice and belief is so deeply ingrained into real estate agents in our industry that regardless of the common sense and logic behind it, so many continue to push away these great buyers sending them back home discouraged and often causing them to just give up on the whole process.
Let’s analyze this for a minute. EVERY single buyer is “contingent” upon one thing or another. Whether it’s financing, inspections, appraisal, etc. So the thought that any buyer is a lower or higher risk than another because they have a home to sell/close is ridiculous. In reality, the highest risk buyer is the buyer with the lowest MOTIVATION! All things being equal, a buyer who NEEDS to buy verses WANTS to buy is the one who is most likely to do whatever it takes to close. But even better is that the buyer who NEEDS to buy is almost ALWAYS willing to pay more and overlook small issues like inspections/repairs, and they are committed to closing the escrow on time!
My contention and the reason for this post is that I would like to end the unfair pre-judgement of serious contingent buyers who simply have a home to sell or close since in reality, many of these buyers are not only good solid buyers, but the best buyers a seller could ask for in today’s market.
Now as promised in the headline of this post… A simple strategy to get more listings while helping sell your listings and do a great job for your sellers; JUST SIMPLY HANG A SIGN RIDER ON YOUR FOR SALE SIGN (AS WELL AS WRITE IN THE REMARKS IN THE MLS, “CONTINGENT OFFERS WELCOME”. This simple strategy will help prospective move up or move down home sellers to reach out to you and ask you about your offering. It will attract buyers (who have a home to sell) that have been turned down by many other sellers/agents to reach out to YOU to see your listing. Of course, you need to do your homework and make sure the buyers are qualified and they price their existing home within salable market value, but frankly that is the easy part.
REMEMBER… The biggest fear for any seller is their ability to find a place to move to once they sell their home. As Realtors, whenever we can provide a solution to that problem, everything else becomes secondary and so on. By offering your listings to contingent buyers, you help solve the problem and this will get you listings!
I’d even go so far as to become and signify on my marketing that I am a “Contingent Buyer Specialist”!
Now how many of you would be opposed to taking a new listing and selling them your listing, contingent? I doubt anyone.
Think about it!
Oh… And try sharing this strategy on your next listing presentation and you’ll look like a genius! 🙂
Thanks for listening,
It’s official! Construction beginning Sept 2015. The city of Yorba Linda, the building owners, and our corporate headquarters in New Jersey have formally approved our 3rd floor addition to our North Orange County Yorba Linda regional office! This addition will add 5000SF to our already 10,000SF office taking us to a magnificent 15,000 total square feet! Our plans are to add an 1100SF gym, a full service mini fully staffed gourmet cafeteria, as well as 12 more large private offices and 20 more workstations. We intend and are awaiting approval for Mon-Fri valet parking service for our associates and clients! More info to follow! 🎉🎊
For more incredible details and info click here!
Well if I’ve heard it from our competitors once, I’ve heard it a hundred times… “Corporate owned is bad, Corporate owned is slow, etc. etc. etc.” For many years I believed the same thing and perpetuated that belief. Which unless we have been there, done that…bad on all of us to make such assumptions on anything, anyone, or any company, really without walking a day in those shoes. And then after nearly 20 years of working with several smaller independent brokerages and frankly loving many things about them, I made the move to the largest corporate owned Real Estate company in America. To say that I was a fish out of water would be an understatement! Almost immediately I was issued a “worldwide ID number”, given a list of usernames and passwords, and a 3 inch thick packet of orientation pamphlets, instruction sheets, and welcome letters. Of course, understand I was an employee and not an independent contractor…but I was certainly taken back regardless. Within a few weeks I was in a full day orientation meeting followed up with online ethics, anti-harassment, and, international commercial bribery classes. Not how to do it of course but what NOT to do! The look on my face when I got my tour of the enormous regional corporate office and support staff was reminiscent of the Clampetts when they arrived in Beverly Hills.
Now I’ll admit, I spent some time looking back early on in my corporate relationship and at times missing the simplicity and informality of my previous lives at the smaller independent highly personality driven firms. There was certainly some advantages to being small and nimble and I definitely admire the enormous personal investment an independent entrepreneurial owner brings to the equation when it comes to competing in a highly competitive industry like Real Estate, especially with the big brands at play in the sand box.
However, what I have learned in the past year and a half working within a very large corporation, would surprise many. The advantages FAR OUTWEIGH any of the perceived negatives. As a matter of fact, many of the things that I and others perceived as “negatives” are precisely what makes the company so great, so financially stable, and so professional. And when the perspective is changed to analyze the actual reasons behind many of the systems and processes, it becomes blindingly obvious that this is how any professional organization should be ran in America today.
Allow me to share some specific reasons a large public company offers so many more advantages and benefits to all of those affiliated with, employed by, or a customer of such a firm:
1. MAJOR DECISIONS ARE NOT MADE IN HASTE OR TOO QUICKLY – For a major decision to benefit an organization, it’s associates, employees, and the customers, time should be given to analyze and ensure that the decision can be announced, and executed upon in a clear and systematic approach. All departments involved have the opportunity to share input on their role and ability to deliver, a solid timeline is determined, and all front line employees are clearly directed on their specific roles, trained if necessary, and supported to deliver to the field. When time is given to properly and by the appropriate people, then once the decision is made, you can take it to the bank with a large company like Coldwell Banker. When a product is rolled out, it is here to stay and will not go away unless it is for an improved product/upgrade.
2. FROM THE FIELD TO THE BOARDROOM: I always though a corporate company leads from the board room down. Not here. It lives and breathes from the field to the boardroom. Input from the field is bigger than life in vison, philosophy and execution. Not only do employees and departments bring ideas, feedback and input but independent contractors and customers ideas and feedback is weighed heavily.
3. NO PERSONAL BIAS – In a large public company, decisions are made on the merit of the business objective. It is included in our education process and managed closely so that there is not a conflict of interest at any level. It’s really simple. We ask the right questions and evaluate the opportunities with full disclosures, proper checks and balances. Will it help grow the business, make the business more efficient, assist our independent contracts and customers, and reduce risk and liability exposure for all involved? It’s not about the person proposing it, or someones personal feelings or agendas. If the business and it’s people and customers will benefit, then it’s a no brainer and put into the queue to ensure a successful implementation at a strategically appropriate time. No… It doesn’t happen overnight, but it happens at the appropriate time and for the appropriate reasons. It happens right the first time and with no chaos.
4. LEVELS OF LEADERSHIP – While it’s great to say that “the buck stops here”, no one person in a large public company has the power to hurt the entire business unit. Certainly not for long before change is made. Everyone’s focused on delivering a positive result and outcome and having levels of leadership and approval processes ensure that everyone is protected with proper gate keepers that ensure the success of the organization as well as it’s longevity!
5. NO DRAMA – Just business! Drama serves no business purpose. Only personal agendas. It is unfair as well as unprofessional for drama to be brought into a professional organization at any level. Large corporations are able to manage this a lot more effectively than smaller mom/pop shops where personal dramas not only can interrupt business emotionally but financially.
6. SUCCESSES ARE REPEATED, FAILURES ARE NOT – Large public companies are held on high expectation and performance plans NOT to repeat them, especially in this day and age. Failures can make national headlines in large public companies as we have seen in past years. This scrutiny forces better decision making processes. This is good for all who are involved in and around corporate companies. Sign me up!
7. TRUE HUMAN RESOURCES DEPARTMENT SUPPORT- The people make the business and in large public companies there is no higher priority than the fair and respectful treatment of its people. No one is above the law or the rules regardless of position in the company. Checks, balances, processes, and
experienced HR personnel are in place to ensure everyone is treated fairly and properly. Continuous training/education is in place to keep everyone abreast and up to date on all applicable laws, policies, and procedures. This creates a phenomenal work environment for everyone in the company leading to higher levels of productivity and service. Everyone knows exactly where they stand in the company at all times.
8. FINANCIAL RESOURCES – It goes without saying that with the extraordinarily large dollars in resources that better decisions are made, problems can be solved, and time and support can be given to realize bigger and better objectives for all. Coldwell Banker Residential Brokerage with its size and power is the only firm I know of that even offers their own legal assitance program vs just insurance which includes claims/disapprovals, large deductibles and probable delays and red tape. Coldwell Banker’s Legal Assistance program is the only one I have ever heard of that goes all the way to $20,000,000 per transaction in claim assistance with a NO Independent sales associate dollar participation – meaning that the independent sales associates are in good hands in the event of a legal challenge. On a good note, with large financial resources, it’s no wonder CB can offer so much more advertising, technology, branch and corporate staffing -including a marketing coordinators in each branch onsite, and world class facilities.
9. FINANCIAL STABILITY – A well ran large public company will do what is necessary, absent any ego, to ensure the longevity of the business for the good of the people within it and it’s customers and shareholders at all times.
In the past year and a half, I have learned to LOVE the large corporation from a business as well as a personal perspective. I have learned that good solid business principles with healthy accountability help to dramatically clear a path for employees, and independent sales associates to focus on and thrive in their jobs at work and their families at home while having the confidence that the business will be around for a very long time. With that said, I’d say that the biggest “aha” was in seeing all of the people who have affiliated with Coldwell Banker Residential Brokerage since I joined, fall in love with this organization and it’s immense professionalism with no complaints about it being too “corporate”. There’s no question that there are incredible smaller companies that are amazing places to work and do a phenomenal job so this article is not intended to take away from their amazing accomplishments but rather end/clarify the perception that large “corporate” is bad in comparison. Let’s just say that there are clear benefits to each and this article was to provide another perspective – mine, one I have personally lived through for over a year and half and feel quite qualified to comment on. These are my opinions and observations and should not even be construed or reflective as the view or opinion of Coldwell Banker or other corporate companies.
In closing I would challenge anyone who is still holding on to the belief that a big “corporate” organization is bad, to pick up the phone and call any of our independent sales associates who have joined us from a smaller or non-corporate run company and ask them what they think after affiliating. I’ll bet you’ll be surprised that the last thing they say is that “Corporate” is a bad thing or a bad word! Corporate to them is resources, stability and FUN!
If you’d like to come find out why Coldwell Banker Residential Brokerage is such a great place to work, then feel free to email or call me at Brad.Pearson@camoves.com or 714-782-2723 for a confidential appointment.
Thanks for subscribing!
Coldwell Banker Residential Brokerage
OWNED AND OPERATED BY NRT LLC. …and so glad we are!
I had to share this video with you all. If you’ve ever seen Gary Vaynerchuk speak then you already know how direct and raw he can be. For many his messages resonate deeply. I myself just love the simplicity and “in your face” approach he takes. And this video is one of my absolute most relatable favorites. Enjoy!
There’s no place like home, especially when you have a furry friend waiting for you on the other side of the door. Here’s a look at our newest commercial which will debut on the Academy Awards tonight! And what a great cause Coldwell Banker has taken on to save 20,000 dogs! Visit www.ColdwellBanker.com/dogs for more information in this great initiative.
Don’t miss the blooper reel! This is hilarious behind the scenes footage!